Primary PE and Sport Premium
At Sylvan Infant School we are passionate about physical education and value the benefits to our children. We share the Department for Education Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding;
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
At Sylvan we are using our sport premium money to improve the 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our overall aim is to raise standards in PE and school sport increasing participation and opportunities to all of our children. We aim to provide high quality lessons and learning for all.